- This event has passed.
January 18, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm$60.00 – $95
Calligraphy Workshop with Laura Woford
Increase your focus and learn a peaceful, yet challenging creative outlet by practicing the ancient, useful art of calligraphy, or beautiful writing. Calligraphy is said to be the art of giving form to signs in an expressive, harmonious, and skillful manner.
Laura Woford will be holding the workshop here at Makervillage. There will be 10 sessions each held on a Thursday starting on Jan 11 until March 15th. Classes will go from 7pm-8:30pm. In case you miss a class, there will be one make-up session on Thursday March 22nd.
Bring your own materials (any Calligraphy kit you may have) or the instructor will purchase them for you!
If you plan to bring your own materials, here is what is recommended to bring/buy:
- Graph paper
- Flat tip and brush tip calligraphy markers (Favorite brands, Sakura, Recollections, Pentel
- Touch, Tombow)
- Ruler (see through is best, L rulers are the easiest to use)
- Pencil (any)
- Eraser (any that does not mar the paper surface)
- Flat Brush (Plaid craft type is fine – and many of their 5 or 6 brush packages have both flat and round brushes and are very reasonably priced.)
- Round Brush
- One color of Phil Martin India Ink (at Hobby Lobby – back rightmost aisle at end closest to store back wall, about at chest level in a slanted set of dispenser shelves)
(All can be ordered online also)
Get ready for relaxation that gives beauty to your life!