City of Rome Temporary Mural Policy
- All murals shall be restricted to temporary construction barriers within the public right of way.
- All murals shall be temporary in nature and only occupy public right of way during construction.
The mural shall be removed from the public right of way within 24 hours of the issue of the C.O.O (Certificate of Occupancy).
- All participants shall sign a waiver before any works begins in the public right of way.
- The City of Rome retains the right to approve all temporary murals before the onset of the installation, on the bases of both content and location.
- If at any point the installment does not appear to be meeting the content guidelines, then the city reserves the right to delay or halt the installation.
Guidelines for design
- All designs shall project a clear, positive, and universal message to the viewing public in accordance with the mission and objectives of the City of Rome.
- All designs shall be inclusive, and never discriminatory, demeaning, or disparaging.
- All content is subject to review by the City of Rome.
- The use of words, letters, numbers, or logos are not permitted. Artist may include “#UnexpectedCanvas discreetly.